1. What is the purpose of resource records in DNS?
used by the server to resolve names
2. What are two forms of application layer software?
3. What application layer protocol is commonly used to support for file transfers between a client and a server?
4. What are two characteristics of peer-to-peer networks?
resource sharing without a dedicated server
5. Which layer of the OSI model supplies services that allow user to interface with the network?
6. What are three properties of peer-to-peer applications?
acts as both a client and server within the same communication
hybrid mode includes a centralized directory of files
does not require specialized software
7. What is the role of the OSI application layer?
provides the interface between the applications on either end of the network
8. What three protocols operate at the Application layer of the OSI model?
DNS, SMTP, POP
9. Which email components are used to forward mail between servers?
10. Which two protocols are used to control the transfer of web resources from a web server to a client browser?
11. Which statements are correct concerning the role of the MTA in handling email?
receives email from the client's MUA
passes email to the MDA for final delivery
uses SMTP to route email between servers
12. As compared to SSH, what is the primary disadvantage of telnet?
does not support encryption
13. Which application layer protocols correctly match a corresponding function?
DNS dynamically allocates IP addresses to hosts
Telnet provides a virtual connection for remote access
14. What is the automated service that matches resource names with the required IP address?
15. Refer to the exhibit. What is the destination port for the communication that is represented on line 5?
16. What are two characteristics of clients in data networks?
initiate data exchanges
may upload data to servers
17. What application layer protocol describes the services that are used for file sharing in Microsoft networks?
18. A network administrator is designing a network for a new branch office of twenty-five users. What are the advantages of using a client-server model?
security is easier to enforce
19. A small home network has been installed to interconnect three computers together for gaming and file sharing. What two properties represent this network type?
User accounts are centralized.
Security is difficult to enforce.
20. How does the application layer on a server usually process multiple client request for services?
uses support from lower layer functions to distinguish between connections to the service
Senin, 2008 Januari 14